Bank 1st Remote Deposit is a service that enables our customers to deposit checks electronically without having to come to the bank. With the use of software installed on your computer and a bank provided scanner, you can safely and securely deposit checks to your business’s account at your convenience. This service requires a signed contract and has applicable fees.
- Create a deposit slip for checks received
- Run deposit through a Bank 1st provided imaging scanner to create an electronic file
- The electronic file is sent to Bank 1st through a secure FTP (file transfer protocol)
- The file is then sent to and cleared through the Federal Reserve
- Credit for your deposit is received the same business day
All checks must be retained for 90 days after they have been electronically deposited. We recommend keeping them in a fire resistant and/or locked file cabinet or case for security purposes.
We will require you to use a cross-cut shredder to destroy all your deposited checks after the 90 day retention period. This method will ensure your customer’s personal and financial information are kept secure and confidential. Bank 1st also has a secure shred bin available to our customers.